Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jagrit Bhattarai, Himalayan guide/porter extraordinaire

Jagrit Bhattarai was my guide/porter for the Annapurna Trek. He sprinted up the trails with my 10kg pack on his back and he hopped down steps with the ease of a mountain goat! Most significantly, he treated me with great respect and grace, always accommodating my need for rest stops and time out. He was understanding of the challenges an older trekker might encounter and he always anticipated my needs -- an outstretched hand when I was in a difficult situation climbing over a landslide or while crossing a narrow bridge. His assistance was immeasurably kind and thoughtful.

In fact, Jagrit acted more like he was my butler than my guide. Thank you, Jagrit, for a most enjoyable trek!

No comments:

Post a Comment